Friday, March 30, 2007

My Theme (because I can't spell Shtick)

When I met Peter Rad and showed him the first photos in my portfolio, they ran the gamut as far as the type of pictures I took. I didn't have a cohesive style or theme. Being that he is a professor at my top choice graduate school (SVA), I sought his advice. He told me that I should develop something that ties all the photos together in my portfolio as well as make a statement. Illustrate a point of view through the pictures that I want to express to the viewer. I think I've figured it out, at least from the pictures I've taken so far. I use light as a character in my photographs, as the theme. The energy of the picture is a dialogue between the person/object and the lights/color. Their interaction is what makes the picture special. For example,




No comments: