Thursday, September 25, 2008

i find it kinda funny, i find it kinda sad

well, today was pretty nice because i got to sleep in. until NOON!

but really, yesterday brought in love from me because ofir handed over 4 newer model oranim cameras that i can use for the kiddies. so that's really exciting. i don't know if i mentioned that yet, but anyway... now i just have to figure out a lesson plan for monday.

tonight i went to work, interviewed folks, and killed myself that i wasn't at the paul mccartney concert. i even caught myself singing 'yesterday' and swore that he must've been singing it at the same time. i felt it. and i almost cried in the car imagining hearing him sing 'vanilla sky' live. fuck my life. anyway, this weekend will be amazing. i was supposed to see my friend yakir's band play tonight, but i'm fucking braindead and didn't realize that the show was actually tonight. this would have been fine had i realized this before i left work, which is located in the same city as the club where he was playing. WAS playing. my phone is also fucked to high hell and i tried to call israel phones to rectify this, but they assured me that i must have not tried fucking with the phone the right way, so i am incompetent and then my signal died. fuck my life. not really though. anyway, i'm home now. i needed to rant. everything's actually amazing. i just drank too much coffee. :) i love everyone.

if all goes according to plan, al and i will be meeting ofir in tel aviv to take photos for the oranim website. that will be very cool. then saturday, we have an opportunity to meet israelis at this indian restaurant in tel aviv. it'll be a really sweet social function. ofir asked me to bring my guitar, so i'll play a bit and eat my favorite food. maybe have a few drinks and be in heaven. can't wait for that. then this next week will be all about rosh hashanah. dreamy.

talked to my mom tonight. she told me that she's thinking of booking a flight to come here next week for two weeks. i thought i'd be really excited for this to happen. but for some reason, i feel kind of nervous. not nervous like i don't want her to come, but nervous like stressed out. like she sort of sprung it on me. and two weeks is a long time, especially because my schedule here is so jam packed, i like everything i'm doing here and don't want to put it all on hold, AND especially since we are just now beginning to get into the swing of things. i'm in a whirlwind. and i know she just wants to see me and i really want to see her, but i think the combination of the last weird hour and realizing that i haven't even gotten my bearings in this place to be homesick yet. this makes me want to wait for anyone to come visit me even though she reassured me that i'll not have to babysit her and she will be visiting her cousin that she hasn't seen in 35 years also. plus, my dad and brother aren't coming until at least december, so i was expecting her to come around then-ish. i feel like that's kind of selfish, but i'm really confused as to why this was my default emotion. so i'm inexplicably stressed out right now. its a weird feeling. sorry i'm an asshole. whoa.

ok. i'll call her back because my phone just died again. i'm going to breathe, sleep. and i'll feel better tomorrow. love you mom. and everyone else.

love,

sally

No comments: