Tuesday, November 4, 2008

cuz you're my number 1. i'm like a dog to get you.

after my debacle with the axe man and a quick nap through ulpan (i know, i'm bad.). but we made it to the tv station in plenty of time. it was a quiet day there, but we finally finished the movie we made with the 15 minutes of footage we shot. using imovie, we added still shots, music, sound effects, subtitles, visual effects, etc. not too bad in my opinion. just really ridiculous. stopped by kadima to say hi to the kids and al's fave. one of my faves needed someone to walk her on the way home, so we went with her. she speaks noooooooo english except the word 'dog'. but i get to practice hebrew with her. it's funny. she's 12, but i swear she's grown 5 inches since i met her 2 months ago. really crazy. sweet girl though, and beautiful. although i think she's got a mood disorder or something. it makes me wonder what has happened to these kids to make them act in certain ways. it's not a nice thing to think about. but that's why we're here.

anyway, alon called al and invited us to dinner on the way home. we came back to the house, and al made rice to bring to the apartment. we went over and alon and eric made eggplant schnitzel and pepper pasta and potatoes and stuff for buffy, al, jade, jen, and me. afterwards, we had some treats an watched the fast and the furious while checking election coverage.

I'M EXCITED! i kinda wish i was home for this. but i'm hoping that i wake up and obama is the president. we'll see what happens.

we walked home and i found out some really sad news. my dad told me that my uncle's mom passed away last night. she was a really cool lady and was a child prodigy at the violin at age 7. she was amazing, played at my dad and mom's wedding. she passed on her musical talent to my cousin sean who is a prodigy at the drums and piano and seems to be one of the most highly regarded drummers on broadway, or even in musical theater in general. i didn't know her very well, but until the last few months she was a regular fixture at all family gatherings, so it is sad that she is no longer here. and very sudden for me although she was 97. at least she wasn't in pain. alice mcdaniel, you will be missed.

on a brighter note, my brother is definitely on a birthright trip. very excited to see him. miss that buddy of mine. anyway, i'm going to bed now.

love,

sally

1 comment:

DTC said...

youre my favorite moment, youre my saturday