Monday, August 18, 2008

feelings, man

well, i am officially a resident of israel. no more touristy bullshit. and i am endlessly excited, but spending the day walking around chadera (inbal's town) with inbal makes me realize i have a long way to go linguistically and culturally before i'll feel totally comfortable here. but maybe that's a good thing. it'll keep me on my toes and present to my situation. also, i'll pay very close attention to the language and words so i can learn them. luckily, all the israeli's i've met (mostly soldiers from both my trips) are happy to teach me. i really need to post photos that i've taken so far. i feel like i haven't taken very many at all, since i was staffing. 1. i was working and paying attention to the group and 2. i had already taken photos of most of the things we saw the first time i was here. but i think i'll probably be taking lots from now on so i can remember the places i am and how i feel each step of the way during my transitional process. i'll keep you posted.

love,

sally

4 comments:

Bear-A-Saurus-Rex said...

sounds great sallypants.

i love you.

daddyziggie said...

Enjoying reading about this. xoxoxo
D

KaityVolpe said...

Completely random...but was Jason O'Krent in your group?

Black Market Funnel Cakes said...

no ma'am. but knowing me i'll meet him. i love you too bear. and daddy. and kaity.