Monday, August 18, 2008

the final countdown

my birthright trip is finally over after a crazy last night in eilat at a beach bar and then back at the hotel (won't forget that), as well as an emotional final session with momo (owner of brithright). ofir (the director of ISC) was at the final session so i got to talk to him about what i should do with my stuff/where i should stay before my volunteer program starts. he took my big suitcase and guitar to the oranim office, while i took the rest to the airport and said goodbye to all my group. for some reason i wasn't as emotional saying goodbye to them even though i know i'll probably never see some of them again. but you never know. it was an amazing, frustrating, stimulating, exhilarating, educational, lovely, debaucherous, hilarious, bonding, special 10 days. thanks guys.

anyway, inbal (one of our israeli soldiers) invited to stay with her 40 minutes from tel aviv. so we took the train with yakir, one of the other soldiers. her house is absolutely lovely and it was so nice to sleep and shower in a place that was not a hotel or a campsite. we made a sweet little dinner of eggs with sundried tomatoes and sweet onions with mango and apple almond salad. it was "gizi", which means "groovy". i video chatted with josh and his family and went to bed. i seriously didn't wake up until 2 in the afternoon. but i guess i needed it. inbal and i are supposed to meet up with some people in my group at the beach today, so more later.

love,

sally

1 comment:

Anton Seim said...

Saw something on Nathan Sharp's Facebook page about your trip. I'm interested, never been to Israel myself, want to go desperately, looking forward to reading your blog. I hope that you'll be keeping it up. Cheers :) - Anton